Do you love music? Do you love children? Do you remember Sister Act 2 and Whoopi Goldberg? Can you take a group of inner city children and turn them into incredible award winning performers? If you answered, “Yes,” to these questions, consider joining phenomenal professional educators.
In this day, when schools are eliminating their arts programs, Catholic Partnership Schools (CPS) is committed to the incomparable value that music brings to the hearts and minds of our children.
We are seeking a full time time music teacher who will provide classroom instruction for three schools, small group instrumental instruction and to serve as conductor of the Partnership orchestra. Our CPS orchestra, consisting of approximately 90 children from all 5 of our schools and just 4 years old, is good and getting better. It has the potential of becoming great! Do you want to become part of something great?
The ideal candidate will possess the following credentials:BA in Music or Music Education State Teacher Certification
The ideal candidate must possess the following traits:
- Excellent command of musical concepts
- Ability to inspire and motivate young people
- Ability to identify and grow the talents and gifts of children
- Motivated and motivating
- Creative and flexible
- Capacity for class management
- Leadership and teamwork capabilities
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must understand and respect Catholic teachings and doctrine (need not be Catholic)
Cover letter and resume should be e-mailed to the attention of Sister Karen Dietrich, SSJ, PhD, Executive Director of CPS: email@example.com